Importance of Environmentally Friendly Cars 2021
Currently, the transport sector is the major producer of greenhouse gas – CO2 – in most countries. The main reason is because of the use of conventional cars – conventional cars account for almost all the greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector.
Hence, it becomes very important for everybody to make a conscious effort to reduce greenhouse gases and our carbon footprint from the transportation sector. One way to achieve this is by driving eco-friendly cars and vehicles.
Greenhouse gas emissions are expected to increase as the number of conventional vehicles on our roads continues to increase. CO2, as well as other harmful chemicals, released from conventional cars, are not only a major contributor to climate change but also hurting the environment and human health.
Eco-friendly cars and vehicles emit low carbon compounds when running and release less harmful chemicals into the air. This makes driving an eco-friendly car a great way to help human health and our environment, especially now that global warming and health concerns are on the rise.
Here are some of the importance of driving eco-friendly cars and vehicles. Read on.
1. For Better Mileage
This is one of the main reasons you should drive an eco-friendly vehicle. Eco-friendly cars are specially designed and engineered by their manufacturers to attain much greater gas mileage.
Better mileage means drivers of eco-friendly cars can go much further on a single tank of fuel and would not have to fill up the fuel tank so often.
2. To Reduce the Dependence on Fuel
Aside from using less fuel to journey across the same distance, eco-friendly cars do not use traditional gasoline as conventional cars, but rather a combination of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and electricity.
This means that the countries with eco-friendly vehicles won’t have to rely heavily on fuel as countries using conventional vehicles. This will not only create a cleaner environment but also provide a monetary advantage for the countries that now rely on eco-friendly vehicles.
3. To Reduce Exhaust Emissions
This is the main importance of driving eco-friendly cars and vehicles. Eco-friendly cars include electric vehicles (EVs), hybrids, and cars that run on alternative fuels. EVs do not burn any fuel as they rely solely on electricity and would not release any harmful chemicals into the air.
Hybrid cars have two engines – an electric motor and an internal combustion engine. This makes them burn less fuel than conventional cars, releasing less harmful chemicals into the environment.
Driving eco-friendly cars helps to keep the earth cleaner and healthier, substantially diminishing the number of pollutants that would be released into the air when driving.
4. To Save Drivers’ Money
Driving eco-friendly cars and vehicles enables owners to save a huge amount of money than they would have by driving conventional cars. Eco-friendly cars use less fuel.
This is a great benefit to drivers who wouldn’t have to go to the gas station frequently and also will be able to save significant amounts of money at the gas station.
Recommended: 15 Useful Tips for Living an Eco-friendly Lifestyle
Amazing Features of Eco-Friendly Cars and Vehicles
Here are what makes eco-friendly cars and vehicles the best choice:
- Battery replacement: Eco-friendly cars use lithium batteries. The disposal of lithium batteries is much less hazardous than the disposal of lead-acid batteries from conventional cars.
- Cleaner, even on fossil fuels: Some eco-friendly cars are hybrids. Hybrids use both battery and petrol but generate less pollution than the internal combustion engine of conventional cars.
- Lightweight structure: Eco-friendly cars are made of lightweight materials and have smaller, lighter engines to ensure that they use less energy to run and also save energy. Some eco-friendly cars have a lower center of gravity, which makes them safer and less likely to roll over in a collision.
- No direct pollution: Eco-friendly vehicles help in reducing our reliance on fossil fuels, such as petroleum, natural gas, and oil, that damage our environment. Most eco-friendly cars use battery power and not fossil fuels, thereby, creating zero direct carbon emissions.
- Quiet: Eco-friendly cars – EVs, Hybrids, and so on – are quieter than petrol- or diesel-powered cars. This results in less noise pollution.
- Reduced exhaust emissions: Compared to conventional cars, eco-friendly cars produce a lower level of harmful exhaust emissions. Conventional cars burn fuel and release harmful gases – carbon monoxide – into the environment that has been linked to global warming and climate change. Some eco-friendly cars rely solely on electricity and generate far less harmful carbon monoxide than conventional cars.
Make Your Regular Car Eco-friendly
Perhaps, you don’t have enough money to replace your current car with an eco-friendly one, there are a few things you can still do to make your current conventional car eco-friendly.
Some of these things are simple practices while some involve changing your driving habits. Here are things you can do to make your regular car eco-friendly:
- Keep your tires properly inflated
- Observe the speed limit and don’t accelerate rapidly. If possible, use the cruise control to maintain your speed and reduce acceleration. This will help save on fuel
- Perform a regular car maintenance
- Remove any excess weight from your vehicle
- Replace the spark plugs regularly
- Turn off the car engine if you would stay idle for longer than 30sec
- Use a car cover to protect your vehicle overnight or when you aren’t driving them.
- Use synthetic oil and high-flow air filters
- If you have the money, you can also actually convert a standard engine to an eco-friendly one that uses natural gas. You can also change diesel engines to run on unleaded petrol, gas, or highly concentrated ethanol. Mind you, some of these conversions may be expensive.
The benefits of driving eco-friendly cars are numerous and can’t be overemphasized. After seeing the many benefits listed above of the eco-friendly car, it’s clear that eco-friendly cars are more than a fad.
If you care for the earth you live in, consider the option of driving an eco-friendly car. Start driving eco-friendly cars and vehicles today and enjoy the huge benefits.